Gems () are the Premium currency used by TrainStation. They allow the player to purchase certain benefits, such as:
- Items that are usually higher quality than what can be purchased for other at the same level.
- Items that are unlocked earlier than when purchased other .
- Items that are usually cosmetically superior; they look much nicer than regular items!
- Speeding Up trains.
Although TrainStation is playable and enjoyable without spending any real money, Pixel Federation must pay their employees and various administrative fees to provide a game that is worth attention. To support the game, a gem purchase helps keep this game around for a long time!
Gems can be acquired in a number of ways, including from the Gem Shop, Contracts, Special Trains, and more:
Gem ShopEditTrainStation Portal page include a 10% BONUS!
|Facebook / Mobile||TrainStation Portal||USD||EUR||GBP|
|Subscription||5 per day FOREVER||$2.99||€2,49||£2.99|
|Subscription||20 per day for 30 days||$4.99||€4,29||£4.99|
- Daily Gems are collected from the Gem Shop. A small red number appears on the in-game button when ready for collection.
- Players can buy both Gem subscriptions, if desired, and collect them both.
- The Daily Gems Forever subscription is just that; 5 can be collected once per day forever. Players must log in each day to collect these Gems. They do not build up if a day is missed.
- The Daily Gems for 30 Days subscription allows the player to collect 20 once per day thirty times. If the player misses a day, the subscription will continue until all 600 are collected. This subscription does *not* auto-renew and must be manually purchased again, if desired.
- Once collected, the next subscription Gems will appear 22 hours later.
Gem Express has also been modified in appearance and operation before. For example, during Christmas 2011 & 2012, it was converted into Santa's sleigh. It delivered 1 the first day, 2 the second day, all the way up to 9 .
- Gems are awarded to the player for every 5 levels they achieve.
- The TrainStation Mini-game on the TrainStation Portal can also award 1 or 2 each day. This game can be played twice a day and resets at 8:00 AM GMT.
- Gems are awarded by achieving certain Museum levels.
- Gems are awarded by the Daily Rewards.
- Gems are sometimes awarded for engaging contests/posts on the Trainstation Fan Page.
- Clicking Facebook wallposts award random resources, including (but not limited to) Gems.
- Final Contractor wallposts award a guaranteed 5 Gems to the first 5 people that click the wallpost.
- The Portal has an Earn Gems button that lets the player earn gems for interacting with certain advertisers.
- On rare occasions, Gems are sent to all players when new features are being tested or after unexpected outages.
- Gems can also be earned via Christopher's Train, Ling's Train which will be given to the user as a reward for completing Christopher's, and Ling's contracts.
- Special (exclusive) Gem Offers can also be offered to the player for a limited time (between 60 minutes or 4-12 hours (See the image below for example)). There's a discount to the normal prices of the Gem Shop. However this feature shows up in different intervals and the amount of gems varies.
- Bill's deal can also be offered to the player for a limited time (for 2 days (See the image below for example)). There's a additional gems bonus added to normal prices of the Gem Shop. However this feature shows up in different intervals and the amount of additional gems varies.
- Gems can be awarded by chests and the gem balloon.