The Friends List can be opened by clicking on the Friends button within the game (see image above).
Players can search for Friends by name using the Search Box.
By default, the Friends List is sorted by Rank in descending order, and centered on the player; lowest level Friends at the top of the list, and highest level Friends at the bottom. The player can also sort the list by using the three grey sorting buttons. Sort options are by Name, Level, and any available Collectibles (Clocks/Chests).
When logging in through Facebook/Google+, any Friends also playing TS via those platforms will automatically show up in the game. When playing with a Portal account, you can add Friends using the green 'Invite more friends' button in-game (see above) or via the Portal's Player Profile page. When connecting with your Facebook account, the player can play via the Portal or play directly on Facebook. However, some (high level) items are only available when logging in through the Portal.
Visiting FriendsEditMain Station.
Newly added Friends will have a gold star next to their name. Visiting them the first time offers a small gold and material reward and helps complete the Social Spirit achievement.
Sending GiftsEditSocial Achievements requires the player to send gifts to Friends. Having more Friends will help complete this set of achievements more quickly.
Note: Sending gifts do not use the player's gold or material, it is sent from Mr. Bill's never ending storage.
If the player is a good Friend and sends gifts frequently, their Friends will likely return the favor and send gifts to you. This not only awards free resources and interesting game items (such as Moose Transport), but it also helps earn the Bounty Hunter achievement.
Sending TrainsEditInternational Trains to Friends loaded with passenger/mail wagons / / (to send gold), cargo wagons (to send materials), or Special Wagons (to send XP) will help those Friends in their game progress. And, they may send trains full of resources in return. Purchasing the Trainroute Planner extensions will allow the player to send each train to up to 8 recipients at once.
When Friends send their own International Trains, the player can collect gold , materials and/or XP . These trains will wait in the player's station for up to 24 hours. There is an IT History button within the Train Manager's International Trains tab that will show the player details on the last 30 IT trains received from Friends.
Friend Express TrainsEditExpress Trains appear at randomly selected Friend's stations (the 23.5 hour timer is reset upon collecting all trains from Mr. Bill.) These Express Trains can award gold, materials, XP. When available, a Clock icon will appear on the Friend's line with a 'Collect' button. Both the Clock and Chest icon can appear at the same Friend. If the player uses the 'Collect' button, the total rewards of those Friend's trains are displayed. An example of this (at level 674) is below:
If the player chooses to visit these Friend's stations to collect the trains, the One-Click-Unload extension makes this much easier and faster.
Collecting these Friend Express Trains helps the player complete the Express Master achievements.
The number of Clock icons that appear each time is based on the total number of Friends the player has. Take the square root of the total number of Friends and add 2. For example, if you have 100 Friends in game, you should see about (√100 + 2) = 12 clocks (including Mr. Bill). Both the clock and chest icon can appear at the same Friend.
Friend ChestsEditChest from up to five Friend stations. When a Chest is available, a Chest icon will appear on the Friend's line with a 'Collect' button. The Enhanced Chests extension increases these rewards by 50%.
These Chests typically award a large amount of Mail and some Resources. Since the player has deliver nearly 11,000,000 pieces of mail for the Postmaster achievement, having many Friends will make quick work of it. Both the Clock and Chest icon can appear at the same Friend.
Chests replaced Mail Packages with the 31 Jul 2017 Game Update.
Removing Friends can be difficult. Friends added via the Portal can be removed easily from the Portal's Profile Page (they can be blocked from sending invites as well). However, Friends gained via Facebook/Google+ are automatic as long as they have their game attached to their profile. If they remove their game, or are no longer the player's friend, they will usually disappear. This has proven to not always be effective, and a ticket to Support may be required.
With the 11 Jun 2018 Game Update PF has added 'Refresh Friends Button' in portal only at moment. This will help the player to force the sync to refresh and update their list of player been added or/and removed from their neighbor list.
At 12 Jul 2018 the 'Refresh Friends Button' was also introduced to the mobile version 188.8.131.52. You will find it in the 'Settings' in the App.
This section contains any significant changes to the way the Friends function in the game:
- 26 May 2011
- Added Search to Friends list.
- 8 Sep 2012
- Gem Invite: Inviting Friends awards 25 up to 500. Awarded when Friend reaches level 11.
- Friends are marked inactive 'ZZZ' after 49h of inactivity. Notifying them rewards .
- 11 Apr 2013
- Gem Invite rewards removed.
- 29 Aug 2013
- Friends are no longer required to purchase items from the Shop.
- 12 Sep 2013
- Portal Friends system launched.
- 5 Dec 2013
- Gem Invite rewards restored for 3 weeks.
- 27 Dec 2013
- Removed Gem Invite rewards.
- 10 Apr 2014
- Waking up inactive Friends rewards 500 random .
- 7 Jul 2014
- Gem Invite rewards restored.
- 9 Mar 2015
- Gem Invite rewards removed permanently.
- 31 Jul 2017
- Friend Mail Packages removed in favor of Chests. In the past, every 12 hours, the player could collect mail packages from Friend's stations. When Mail Packages were available, a small mail icon will appear next to the Friend's avatar.
- 9 Oct 2017
- Friends List changed completely to current design. Previously, a scrolling list of 'Neighbours' was shown at the bottom of the game screen. Small Clock and Mail icons indicated when collectibles were available. This old list was not searchable, not sortable, always sorted by Rank. However, the new design was missing the inactive 'ZZZ' icons.
- 18 Dec 2017
- Inactive 'ZZZ' icons have returned.
- It is now possible to enter Friends list from a Friend's station
- When collecting Clocks from Friends, any new Museum trains will be colored differently.
- 11 Jun 2018
- Added 'Refresh Friends Button', however it is only available in portal only at moment, will be added to mobile version soon.
- 12 Jul 2018 Update to App version 184.108.40.206 added 'Refresh Friends Button' to mobile.